- Not exactly a great secret at this point, but it does from all appearance seem that Terrence Boyd is heading to Rapid Vienna very shortly.
- I have learned that Charlie Davies has been ruled outside the plans of the new Sochaux manager, and thus, he is on the market. I've also been informed that he has three clubs showing interest, with at least one of them being an Eredivisie club holding a European cup berth. I'm not sharing everything I have on this scene yet, but trust me, it could get very, very, very interesting.
UPDATE: Not long after posting this, I found a France Football report from last night claiming AZ were one of the Dutch teams checking out Davies. So I quickly hit up Earnie Stewart to see if it was true and he said no dice.
- Not for the first time, but Michael Parkhurst has a couple few suitors with his contract soon dwindling down to the final six months. And once again, a fraction of this interest is out of Germany. Still, FC Nordsjælland have no intention of giving him up without a fight and will probably soon initiate extension talks. I would not expect any fast movement here, largely because the Wild Tigers hold a Champions League group phase pass for the fall.
- A couple of clubs are reportedly (and I use that word loosely due to its familiarity) super-ready to snap up Brek Shea, Liverpool easily being the heavy link right now. I can emphatically confirm that there are no offers for FC Dallas' Painting Cockatoo(™) and none forthcoming in the foreseeable future.
- On the other hand, UK rags have been busy claiming that Spurs defender Ryan Nelsen is in talks for a D.C. United return. This is strictly made up. He is not in such negotiations and I have been assured by his agent that the Kiwi man will be found in England next season.
- Greg Seltzer