Alright, enough of that. Let's get to what you came for:
- Charlie Davies is about to be granted release from the final year of his Sochaux contract and should sign with a new club in Europe in the next couple weeks. It almost certainly won't end up being in the Eredivisie, as I know some of you had earlier hoped. Full report is in the basket at MLSS.
- To explicitly follow up on the dropped hints lately, yes, I have been strongly suspecting for a few weeks now that Brad Guzan is headed back to Aston Villa. However, I've not been able to pry confirmation of this from anywhere yet, so let's hope no UK outlets claim I reported it done (sigh).
- Hey, here's a fun nugget. We've all heard the rumors of Carlos Bocanegra heading to Vancouver, but I have learned that a second MLS team has also called about the US captain. Very interesting, but we likely won't know what he intends to do until Rangers find out where they'll play next season. The same thing can likely be said about Alejandro Bedoya, who has widespread interest in Europe. Grab a seat in the waiting room, folks.
UPDATE: I just want to add that it is by no means a lock Bocanegra would head home from Europe just yet, even if he does leave Rangers. The guy has a lot of admirers in Europe, I assure you.
- However, it's pretty safe to say that Maurice Edu will be moving on from Ibrox. I can tell you that the recent Turkish reports of continued interest from Bursaspor and Trabzonspor are legit, but it seems pretty unlikely he'll move to either. He also has potential suitors in England and France - though I'm not talking about old romancers Auxerre and Sochaux.
- Mix Diskerud was back training with Stabæk today - but that doesn't necessarily mean he isn't moving to Gent on a permanent basis. I am not sure if this was an extension from July 1st or the original deadline, but apparently the Belgian club have until August 1st to make their buy-option decision. Plus, everyone is being super quiet about it.
Meanwhile, as expected, Ricardo Clark has returned to Eintracht Frankfurt. He probably won't be staying there too long.
- I recently revealed that Marcus Tracy still has options in Europe, but I've been told that he more than likely will be playing next in MLS. Let's all hope he makes that last step to full fitness soon.
Alright, that's all you get for now. Get back to work, ya bums!
- Greg Seltzer